Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hello Again.

Hello again dear readers. If anyone is still following my blog after such a long hiatus, thank you. And let me fill you in a little on what has been going on in my little corner of the world.

Work! Work, work, work. I have begun working full time at the veterinary hospital, but have switched to the office/reception instead of technician side. Due to the arthritis in my hands and elbows, the animal handling got to be very difficult and I went home most evenings in excruciating pain. Luckily for me, the current receptionist chose that time to retire and I got the position. More hours, but easier work. For the most part anyway.

In other areas of my life things have been more complicated. My marriage has had several ups and downs, but we are working on a fresh start, or at least starting fresh from where we are. A renewed commitment to what we want out of our life together. We are still in the tiny bohemian house. However, new developments could mean the purchase of our own home is closer than we thought. More as that story develops. :)

My older son graduated from high school in June, so freaking proud of him pushing himself, working with his strengths and doing what, at one time, we feared he would not do. Graduate!

My youngest son starts class on Monday as a Junior. He is becoming quite a wonderful young man.

My poppet, Sophie became a third grader this year. She is just amazing and never ceases to bring me and her dad great joy as well as challenge our parenting know how. :)

I have reignited the local Red Tent Temple here in Oak Ridge. In October of last year, Sophie and began attending the local Unitarian Universalist church. We have found kindred spirits there and felt such a sense of family. It has been great.

As for my last post, it has been 5 months without Diet Coke. I have lost weight and feel much better. There is a great improvement to the arthritis, even before the job change.

Things are looking up for my family. I hope this finds those of you who are still reading well and happy. Look for more frequent posts from now on. Until then, Peace and Blessings.


2 comments:

Suzanne said...

glad to see you posting again

Yarrow said...

Thanks Suzanne. I am glad someone is still reading. :) Many Blessings.