Saturday, April 13, 2013

No More Diet Coke

Well, I finally did it. I cut the Diet Coke out of my life. I have wanted to do so for a long time now, because of the health issues associated with it. But after reading an article about aspartame poisoning, I had the kick in the pants to really do it. This is day 4 with no coke and I feel great. No caffeine headaches, thanks to a cup of chai tea each morn. No cravings for coke or for carbohydrates. Wonder of wonders. :) Here are two articles that really changed my thinking. One health related the other environmental/human rights. 



So, wish me luck and think hard about your own soda drinking. But remember, aspartame is found in many, many products....read your labels.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great job!

Mare Martell said...

I know how much you loved to have a Diet Coke. I changed to coffee and water after seeing those same articles. It scares me how much I depended on those chemicals. Unfortunately, being diabetic, I have to really watch a lot of my labels because of the artificial stuff. It makes me wonder just how much of what I eat dramatically changes my metabolism