Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ostara Blessings


Ostara Blessings to everyone. I hope that you all are enjoying what little spring like weather we are all having. At least in this part of the world. It is chilly,windy, and now raining. At least its not snow. :)

I am feeling like a bad pagan parent of late. I really planned nothing to celebrate Ostara with Sophie. In the end she ended up dying eggs with her older sister, and I made her an Ostara basket which she loved. She also got a new dress and shoes which is an old Spring tradition that crossed over to an Easter tradition when I was a child. 
One thing that makes me feel better is that the UU church we are a part of now, has a fledgling pagan group that we are becoming more and more a part of. They are having an Ostara Labyrinth walk tomorrow evening and a pot luck. Sophie and I will attend and honor the returning Spring with others of like mind. In the meantime, I will continue to strive to be a better pagan parent to my little Goddess child.

1 comment:

Bohemian mom said...

Snow here!
Ostara blessings to you too!
I moved my blog to wordpress - please come check it out!

http://bohemiansinglemom.wordpress.com/